Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
wiggywacker

Default Mystery snails

I had that too when I first got my aquarium and some PLANTS, so the first
fish that I bought were Clown Loaches (Botia Macracantha) to munch them
away......and in fact, the clown loaches turned out to be my favourite fish
in the aquarium because they're so gentle, always busy, always
together......oh and they live 15 years + and get rather big, so make sure
your aquarium is large enough.

I've had absolutely no problem with snails eating plants, only botia's
eating snails =D
A link so you can see what they a
http://www.users.bigpond.com/rjeb/clown.html

"jtwigs" wrote in message
i am a relative newbie when it comes to planted aquariums and this

afternoon
i discovered a tiny snail making it's way across the glass. i assume that

it
was introduced to the tank with some of my plants.

should i be worried about there being more in the tank? are they

potentially
dangerous to my plants? are they a benefit in terms of keeping the tank
clean?

any advice would be much appreciated...

~jon