Old 18-11-2010, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Is it still healthy?

Dave Hill wrote:
On Nov 18, 3:08 pm, Frank Booth Snr wrote:

I've temporarily inserted the roots in a tub of damp compost, and
have just taken a photo of a cross-section of one of the stems. As
you can just see there is a thin green circle at the circumference,
whilst the remainder of the inner stem looks like white dead wood.

Is this what I should expect at this time of year?

http://tinyurl.com/3yvkqcw

Regards

Frank

Looks perfectly normal to me.
David

Frank, that white stuff is just pith. Compare with brambles and
such-like.

--
Mike.