Old 19-11-2010, 02:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frank Booth Snr[_3_] Frank Booth Snr[_3_] is offline

Default Is it still healthy?

Christina Websell wrote:
"Frank Booth wrote in message
o.uk...
Derek wrote:
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:08:14 +0000, Frank Booth Snr
wrote:

I've temporarily inserted the roots in a tub of damp compost,

Is there no way you can get them into the ground, its a good time to
do it, and then just forget them till next year, if you leave them in
a tub,. they might get too dry......well in my experience they WILL
get too dry, or if you water them, they will get too much!

Let nature do the work, :-)

www.lincolnfuchsiasociety.info

No. I don't have a garden. They are going to be grown in containers on my
balcony, just like my strawberry plants, which have been very successful
over the last few years. Eg....

http://tinyurl.com/38fo9oa

I had not realised that raspberries could be grown in containers. They are
very greedy feeders.

It depends how big and deep the containers are. I understand raspberiies
are shallow rooters and the spread of the roots and soil/compost are
more important factors. It's just an experiment, but I'm confident it
will work out. I'm starting out with 5 plants with 1 plant per container.