Old 19-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Owdboggy Owdboggy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owdboggy View Post
On the RHS website, I searched for collectors and got the up to date list:
https://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinde...References.pdf

Noted a certain JH in the listing was Halda, J.
Surfed on "halda paeonia" and got this:
Paeonia by Josef Halda With James Waddick
Although species of Paeonia are found in the wild throughout the northern Hemisphere, they are mainly associated
with Asia and Asian gardens.Josef Halda is one of the few botanists who have travelled to see every known peony species and subspecies in the wild, often in extremely remote areas
Josef J. Halda
I suspect you might find that plant in his book The Genus Paeonia
I have just had a look through my copy of this book and there is no mention of either a Paeony under this name nor Kazakhstan. Nearest name is P. anomala.