Old 19-11-2010, 04:36 PM
hollierose hollierose is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley[_2_] View Post
I was running at a college track last night & saved a Duck's life when
a predatory bird which I believe it to be a Hawk swooped down &
started attacking it. I was a few feet away, ran over & the Duck had a
gash on the top of its back but I saved him. The Hawk remained
perched on the fence & waited to see if I would leave after the Duck
was hurt. I stayed right there & wouldn't allow it to finish what it
started w/the Duck. I put my shirt over him, retrieved a big stick &
picked the duck up, took him over to the water & put him in it. I
truly felt God put me there at that moment in the 90 degree heat to
save that Duck. I felt so good about what I did. I took pics on my
phone camera of him & the Duck I saved. The thrill of saving any type
of life is unreal. What can I do about this bird who lingers around
this college pond full of Ducks, Swans and Geese? Thank you.
Well done to you! I would have done the same, ducks don't deserve to be attacked by hawks, despite whether people call them vermin or not. I would, if I were you, just keep a check on that pond and save every duck that you can.

I had a look online and found this link Keep Predators Out of Your Pond: Stop Pond Predators. . . Day and Night .. There are some things you aren't capable of doing as you don't own the land.. But if you have a look maybe something on there could help? If not just keep a check on that pond, every innocent animal's life is precious and shouldn't be taken. :/ well done, thank God for people like you!
Bat Boxes - Help Your Local Bat Friends
Chimineas | Parasols | Garden Benches | Garden Furniture Covers