Old 22-11-2010, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ramsons

In message , David Rance
writes
Hello All,

I seem to remember that, a few months ago, there was a discussion here
about ramsons but I can't find it now.

Can any kind person tell me where I might buy seed or plants in the UK?

There are many other sources, but it is in Chiltern Seeds' catalog.
URL:http://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/chilt...d/allium+ursin
um/pid/31509208

It appears that it's too late to buy bulbs, but there might be a
supplier still shipping bulbs.

I know it's really a wild plant as I saw some in Hungary last spring in
the grounds of the Esterhazy Palace (underfoot along their vast
avenues). I was hoping I might persuade it grow in my cider apple
orchard.

David

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley