Old 23-11-2010, 02:32 PM
hollierose hollierose is offline
Registered User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertie Doe View Post
So far, all my spent coffee grinds, have ended up in my
compostor ( I believe there was a thread on ukrg last
year).

After reading the following article, I'll separate the
coffee and use it as a spray next year, on the
allotment. It also mentions tea leaves as a good source
TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
Ah thank you, I didn't know that myself. How very interesting, I have been told that salt helps, a friend of mine said that salt can get rid of slugs however I wouldn't like to try it out... I was also told you could buy poisons for slugs but if birds eat the slugs after it can make them sick..

Anyway, this is very interesting. Who would have thought that slugs would hate coffee?
Bat Boxes - Help Your Local Bat Friends
Chimineas | Parasols | Garden Benches | Garden Furniture Covers