Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
LeighMo

Default Ozelot Sword

Also, my melon sword has two types of leaves, oval shaped green ones on
long stems and a cluster of long red leaves. The green leaves have been
dying off; turning yellow then just dissolving. The red leaves at the center
of the plant have been growing quickly and look very healthy... Is this
normal? Were the green leaves from when the plant was above water?

Possibly. They might also be surface leaves. Many swords put up small, oval
leaves on long stems, that float at the surface. These should be pruned. (Cut
the stem at the base, or as near the base as you can.)

As for the ozelot, or whatever it is.... IME, the care of most swordplants is
similar, so the ones you have are thriving, this one likely will, too.

However, your tank is very small for swords. I have a melon sword that is busy
outgrowing my 75 gallon tank!

Leigh