Old 25-11-2010, 03:06 AM
mocean mocean is offline
Registered User

Default Watering Pine Tree on top in Winter

This is my first time in the forum. There are so many knowledgeable and helpful people here, that I thought someone might have the answer to my question. I have a 20 year old pine that is being hit with water -every- night by my neighbor's wild sprinklers. My understanding is that you shouldn't water pine trees from overhead, especially in Winter when temperatures are freezing. Before I speak with my neighbor, I thought I'd ask the experts here if my pine tree is in any danger. Some of the branches are now bare of needles since this began, but it didn't occur to me that the watering could be causing it. Could this excessive over-the-top watering cause diseases. or weaken my tree making it vulnerable to pests?

Thank you for your help.