Old 25-11-2010, 01:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default OT OT! Sacha's letter in Daily Mail

"Sacha" wrote in message

(snip) I just got sick & tired of these ridiculous polls
about whether William should skip over Charles to become King etc.

To continue an OT comment but this story has had me fascinated now for
years......

Decades ago, when Charles was still a confirmed bachelor and the press was
hounding him to find a bride and produce an heir but he was still happily in
hot pursuit of ladies of a more racy nature, one of the women's magazine's
in Aus printed the usual dopy New Year's predictions from Astrologers/Seers
and other assorted fringe loonies.

Dianna was not on the scene and neither was any other contender who could in
any way be considered seriously to be a future wife of the POW. This
particular magazine included comments from a chap from the Sub continent who
gave predictions covering a much longer timeframe than just the year ahead.
He predicted that the next Monarch would be called William.

Since there was no such person called William anywhere in the Royal family
this was memorable at the time. Years later a member of my staff also
recalled this article and she made a comment about William being the next
king because..... and repeated the story.