Old 25-11-2010, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Apples fused together

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 Christina Websell wrote:

Just picked up an apple from my orchard earlier today, as a windfall and
it's two joined like conjoined twins in a major way. I've never seen this
before. This is when I wanted my camera to work.
They are joined all down one side and two apples in one.

I had one like this ten years ago. Just one of the apples would have
been huge (it was a Calville Rouge) but both of them together ......

The smaller was sitting on top of the other. I did publish a photo of it
somewhere - can't remember whether it was here or not, probably not -
but when there were suggestions that I had faked it, I didn't bother
with it any more.

I'll see if I can root out that photo if anyone's interested.

David

http://rance.org.uk