Old 25-11-2010, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT OT! Sacha's letter in Daily Mail

In article , Sacha wrote:

Unfortunately, I think the British have something of a tendency towards
political laziness. I don't know if you read any of the articles
online but Julie Burchill's article in The Independent was one of the
most disgustingly spiteful things I've ever read. She came across as a
spoiled, lazy child sticking her tongue out and using naughty words.
Julie B writing on the subject of marriage and dysfunctional families
is like Herod advising on childcare - not fit for purpose.

That seems a farly accurate review, though a less polite one would
also be possible.

As I have posted before, the Independent maintains its neutrality
by including, as columnists, a carefully balanced collection of
unbalanced loons. Julie Burchill doesn't need balancing, as she
is self-satirising.

I rarely read her columns as, if I take notice of her views, I
get seriously annoyed - and she isn't even funny.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.