Old 25-11-2010, 10:29 PM
mocean mocean is offline
Registered User

Yes, it rarely drops into the 30's in Southern California, but it does get cold this time of year. It was 38f last night. I'm not sure but, I think my neighbor is watering some wild grasses at night to help them spread across about 1/3 of an acre. It's too windy during the day to water. I'm only guessing as I haven't asked him why he's watering.

Yes, the branches have lost -all- their needles and the branches themselves are dead now. One just broke off in the wind today. The branches are only going bare where the water is hitting them. I just didn't think it would be devastating to the tree since it's endured drastic fluctuations in weather for so many years. However, now that I can see that the branches are devoid of needles -and- dead, I am very concerned. I only hope my neighbor is nice about this. If this tree dies, it'll cost me a fortune to have it removed.

Thank you.