Old 25-11-2010, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default OT OT! Sacha's letter in Daily Mail

On Nov 25, 6:29*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
wrote in ....
In article ,
Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , FarmI
writes
He predicted that the next Monarch would be called William.

Since there was no such person called William anywhere in the Royal
family
this was memorable at the time. Years later a member of my staff also
recalled this article and she made a comment about William being the next
king because..... and repeated the story.

memory remembers and I believe when Charles was born Indian astrologers
said he might not be king.

Oh, reely! *Has everybody forgotten?

That had damn-all to do with him not being the next monarch, and a
great deal to do with the chattering classes blithering that the
name Charles was unlucky. *They speculated that he might take the
name William on accession, just as his grandfather Albert took the
name George. *It's as simple as that.

I can believe that Indian astrologers made a more specific prediction,
but what I described is what went on in the West.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

What did they say about gardening?

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Possibly something about Sweet Williams.