Old 27-11-2010, 02:48 AM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.gardens
Snit Snit is offline

Default An Apple apologist... or something else?

Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post on
11/26/10 7:28 PM:

Steve Carroll wrote:
On Nov 26, 5:45 pm, Snit wrote:

(snip)

I have explained both the bug and your error many times, Steve.

Said Snit as he used yet another sock puppet, this time for the
purpose of pretending it's mine so he doesn't have to break his vow to
not talk to me directly (yes Snit, your games are *that* obvious).
Maybe you'll grow up next year.

One: that has nothing to do with the topic - your confusion over how Apple
can have an inconsistency *and* how you can fail to know how to do
something. It is not like this is a complex concept, but it is one you are
showing no sign of understanding. Oh well. Not like I expect better of you
or think you will actually gain understanding and *admit* to it. Just as
you will never admit I showed you how to make multiple aliases, despite the
video proof, you will never admit you understand this simple concept even if
you someday do.

Two: I *am* replying to you directly. It is not like you are even using a
different Usenet client for your socks. Just interesting to see how
desperate you will get. And you get very, very desperate.

wow, I have used multiple
terms, Steve's head will spin!).

No, I'm well used to your tautologies and the confusion only you
have over them.

The fact I used different (though accurate) terms is confusing you. Oh
well.

... that you called the same thing different names, one of them being
"user error" is documented in the google archive, as I have repeatedly
shown.

As I note, above, the fact there can be an Apple bug *and* you can not know
how to do something is *not* something you will admit. You will trust, lie,
call me names, and play your other games as you show off how ignorant you
are. It makes you happy to do so. I hope.

There is *a* way that you can copy
multiple aliases in icon view that does not work in the other
views, but there is also *a* way (or maybe more) that works in
all of the views.

So you finally wrapped your head around this concept... good for
you.

You are very proud you found an inconsistency in how the views work.
Lovely. You earn a gold star.

I am honest that I found an inconsistency using the "way" that I
mentioned, you know, the same "way" that you initially agreed was
inconsistent (and are still agreeing), despite also labeling it as
"user error".

Nope. But you are proving me right *again* about how confusing a *simple*
concept is to you: there is both an inconsistency *and* you were clearly
ignorant of how to do something (as even you admitted... you pretended to
get an email that explained how to do what I had already showed you).

Steve, initially, was wrong about there not being a way

But I didn't say there wasn't "a way", I specifically said that he
couldn't do it "this way" (the "way" I was doing it at the time).

Just when you appeared to be making your "way" forward too... such
a shame. LOL!

Your "defense" is you were not denying it could be done. Which is clearly a
lie. You are lying, Steve.

I don't need a "defense" from your delusions, Snit... no one ever did.

Reality check from google... (again): "...but you can only do one app
at a time this way. Even so, thirty apps shouldn't take too long to
do, even this way." - Steve Carroll

"this way" - Steve Carroll
"even this way" - Steve Carroll

See: you are using the very defense I noted you were. And you snipped. You
are pretending to have denied it could be done. You are lying. It is not
like this is complex.

Notably, not a single one of your videos
showed you trying to do it the "way" I said it couldn't be done.

And you did this several hours after I showed you. Yippee... several
*hours* after being shown the above videos you figured out how to do what
you were shown.

And you are proud. Good. You get a second gold star.

LOL! Now we have yet another "way" thrown into the mix by you.

Nope. I showed one way... the way that works. I showed that one way
working in both icon view and another view.

You seem to forget that the google archive shows me talking about me
accomplishing this another "way" and it worked just fine. How do you
know the "way" you are referencing here is the "correct way"?

You claimed the way you were talking about did not work. You even repeat
that, above. You cannot keep your story consistent in the same post, no
less over time. You are lying. Or stupid. I do not care which.

The videos show the correct way. The last one, in particular, shows your
comments and then shows why they are wrong.

Poor Steve: cannot deal with the fact he was wrong.

Your claims that I was "wrong" and that a "bug" or an "inconsistency"
are the same thing as "user error" have no support. Restating the
claims ad infinitum don't make them real... no matter how much glue
you've sniffed

LOL!

See: you repeat your same nonsense. If you post again with the type
snipping and lying you did in this post you will *not* get my attention
again. Even if you do as you did here and resend the exact same message
with a sock.

And since you are a desperate little troll just begging for my attention,
perhaps that will get you to actually quote in a more honest way. Maybe
not. Your dishonesty is so deeply ingrained in you that you simply might
not be able to stop yourself.

This whole "debate" is stupid. You did not know how to do something, you
were shown how, from this you learned but based on an inconsistency in OS X
you did not think it would work in other views, you were shown you were
wrong there too... and then you learned you could do it in the other views
even though the inconsistency exists.

There is no reason this needs to be a debate. There is no reason for you to
be so angry. Just accept you are learning and that learning is not a reason
for your obvious embarrassment - you should be happy you are learning. There
is no shame in it. And, of note, I never mocked you for not knowing - I
did, however, note your lies and your other poor behavior. Your learning I
commend.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]