Old 27-11-2010, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin Roger Tonkin is offline

Default Saturday weather

In article ,
says...
Very cold.

Had to break the ice on the bird baths.

Very overcast looks as if it could snow any moment.

Slight wind.

That's the S.E. Coast of the Isle of Wight. What have you got?

Mike

Very cold, unable to get greenhouse door open to see thermometer, frozen
to sill!

Several inches of snow fell from 11.00am yesterday until about 6.00pm or
so. Soft and powdery and easy to clear. Gritted road fairly clear,
although not much traffic (in relative terms, we dont get that much
anyway except when the army is on the move to the ranges).

Clear blue skies with sunshine, white cloud over the Brecon beacons.
Snow is melting slowly from the trees, but not the ground. I think it is
probably still below freezing, as the bird water has already fozen
again!

Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales