Old 27-11-2010, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Saturday weather

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 08:52:09 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

Very cold.

Had to break the ice on the bird baths.

Very overcast looks as if it could snow any moment.

Slight wind.

That's the S.E. Coast of the Isle of Wight. What have you got?

Mike

Hovering around zero all day in my part of South Wales. A bit of snow
yesterday but it didn't settle. Pond is frozen over. As I write, a
fairly clear sky with just a few wisps of cloud showing bright pink as
the sun sets. Mutant plants still "performing" - I have carnations
coming into flower and one rose bush that's been flowering for the
last few days. One wall planter of fuschias (not hardy ones) is also
flowering but that's next to my boiler flue so is in it's own little
warm micro-climate. Hacked solid ice out of bird bath this morning and
put some warm water in but it had frozen solid again a couple of hours
later. Bird feeders untouched for a few days though my crab apple
trees are becoming very denuded and the heads I left on cardoons are
virtually demolished now.

Jake