Old 29-11-2010, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default Oswestry temperature again.

On Nov 29, 9:47*am, Donwill wrote:
The lowest temp recorded overnight *was -6degC @ 06.30 this morning.
It is now a balmy -3 deg C ;-)

Not at all nice! Loughborough recorded -9.9C the night before last
and it was -8.5C in one garden there at 8.30am yesterday. That
reminds me of the serious winter cold of '81/'82, which was
devastating in the Midlands if not anywhere else. I moved south
shortly after that and can't imagine how it would be to have to live
through it again. Due to cloud cover here last night, it dipped to
2.1C at around 2am, rose to 3C by 5am, dropped back down to 2.2C
between 7 and 9am before rising to the current 3C (10am). That's bad
enough for me and I'd hate to have to endure worse. I just hope it
warms up before Christmas, when I do my annual northbound trek to
visit my family.