Old 29-11-2010, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Just by chance

In article ,
says...
I happened to glance through the window at my neighbour's rowan tree this
morning, just in time to see a small flock of waxwings descend on it. They
spent about 5 minutes stuffing their beaks, then flew off, no doubt with
another rowan firmly in their sights :-}

Lovely, much as I hate the wet, cold and gloom of a British winter, I
think I would miss it as well, took the new dog for a walk today and
everything was white right to the highest twigs, we seldom see that down
here and it was very beautiful.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk