Old 29-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
That is neither the appearance of immature cep (which are mostly cap with little stem to start with), nor their habit either (sometimes a couple grow together, but not in a dense stand like that). Boletes mostly grow in mycorrhizal association with trees. I expect these ones will turn out to be gill-capped fungi.
I was commenting specifically on the shape of the stem, I was not suggesting that they were ceps.