Old 30-11-2010, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Tuesday weather

Martin wrote in
:

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 02:04:11 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

On Nov 30, 8:34*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
Very overcast, slight breeze occasional gust, forecast says heavy
snow today. Trying to snow/rain at 0830. Had to clear thick ice off
bird baths

Not had any significant snow at all SE Isle of Wight.

What have you got and where are you?

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

Here in the Swansea area of South Wales the temp went down to 28f
overnight.
Yesterday it was bright and sunny and got up to 38f, leting me lift
some of the tree dahlias, but there are still around 50 left in the
ground, and the frost is getting further into the ground, I don't know
how many I will be able to save.

How do you cope with the TV weather forecasts that give temperatures
in Celsius?

As a rule of thumb.
Double it and add 27.
ie: 18 degrees c doubled is 36, add 27 =63degrees f
or
http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

I hope this helps you as it did me some 30 years ago.

Baz