Old 30-11-2010, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Tuesday weather

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 02:04:11 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

Here in the Swansea area of South Wales the temp went down to 28f
overnight.
Yesterday it was bright and sunny and got up to 38f, leting me lift
some of the tree dahlias, but there are still around 50 left in the
ground, and the frost is getting further into the ground, I don't know
how many I will be able to save.
David Hill

I'm east of David (a bit inland from Porthcawl). Made -3.7C here
(about 25F) last night and currently (2pm) hovering around 1.5C
(34.7F).

I was silly yesterday - turned one of the outside taps back on to draw
some water for the bird bath and,afterwards, turned the stopcock back
off inside but forgot to then open and drain the tap outside. The top
of the tap sheared off this morning despite the fact that I did
remember to put the jacket back on it.

Jake