Old 30-11-2010, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L[_2_] Dan L[_2_] is offline

Default Ecological impact of soil amendments

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Dan L wrote:

Why add sand?
I thought sand + clay = concrete.
I believe organic material alone will help modify the soil.

Sand + clay will lead to harder soil.
Sand + clay + organic material (rye, buckwheat) will lead to more
workable soil. Organic material must be renewed to maintain soil
fertility.

Hmmm...
Will you need more organic material with the sand?

Are you saying sand+organic is better than organic alone as a soil
amendment?

So I can improve more soil by adding sand and stretching out my organic
material?