Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 AM
eatweeds eatweeds is offline
Registered User

Sorry to hear that some of your are annoyed over the pop-up I use on my site. I didn't realise it was causing such cross browser issues. I've now changed the dimensions and hopefully, if you don't want to join my mailing list, you are now able to simply click the X to remove the pop-up, and view all the content for free.

For the person who thinks I charge £15 for a two hour walk, which from your reasoning means I make £150 for 2 hours (only if a course is full), please read my ethos on my foraging courses site... I make it very clear that I teach by DONATION, and the £15 is a suggested amount for the many years, and hundreds and hundreds of hours of work I have put into research wild edible plants of the British Isles.

I've discovered over 100 new edible plants that are not mentioned in any wild food book in print or out of print. I share my knowledge freely on my eatweeds site, and try and keep the wolf from the door by teaching foraging. I have no other way of earning a living, because all my time I spend putting into my life-work, bringing the forgotten knowledge of foraging back to the greater community. And you resent that?

I am not an armchair forager, I have not just read a few books and then think I can teach. I live and breath wild edible plants every minute of every day. This is what I do, and I make no apology for it.

Best

Robin