Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Mentaloid

Default Fish Suggestions

Hmmm - I have 2 Angels in my tank, about 2 years old, and they more than
harrass the smaller fish (rummy nose tetra), they harrass ALL the fish in
the tank (pearl gouramis(4"), clown loaches (5"+), glass cats (5"), Bleeding
hearts (2-3"), etc. The angels are 8" and 10" themselves now, and appear to
both be male. At the adult stage full grown angels seem to get quite
aggressive. So far the have killed 2 pearls, and have injured 2 of my glass
cats. I'm going to have to either give them to the LFS or setup another tank
for them now.

"Phil Dietz" wrote in message
om...
Mike K wrote in message

I have a 55 gal planted tank which currently houses many small fish

(neon
tetras, black neon tetras, glo-lite tetras, serape tetras, harliquin
rasboras, bumblebee gobies, ottos) and was looking for suggestions on

some
larger (not huge!) species to add to this display. Any suggestions?

Angel fish are generally good community fish and shouldnt bother your

plants.

If your "airspace" is getting congested...
Try getting some bottom dwellers like Corys, Golden AEs, or Kuhli Loaches.

The Cory's are my fav. fish now.