Old 01-12-2010, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Barlotti Beans again

Ann Lancing wrote in
:

Thanks for advice on barlottie beans.

I have shelled them now as they are dry.
However most of them are cream with brown markings,
and some are dark brown with white flecks.

Have I discovered a new bean?

Ann

A friend gives me some from his garden and they are similar to yours from
your description.

How do you use yours?

We have been soaking then boiling and with fried onoins, garlic and serving
with the Sunday roast.
They have been a big hit with the younger members of our family.

If there are any left my wife adds some bottled sweetened red peppers and
any salad items knocking around the fridge and serves up for supper with
tinned fish.
Sounds boring I know but we like it very much.

Baz