Old 02-12-2010, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Snow

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article
,
Judith in France writes
Hah!!! You didn't tell me you had visited my garden today!!! We have
a ladder against an Acacia which was being pruned.

We have had 7 silver birch professionally felled, you should have seen
the damage to them, it was awful. When the snow has cleared, next
year maybe - I will post some pics. No more trees for us that are
flimsy, nothing survives here - only the strongest.

I would have grave misgiving with that ladder perched on that branch like
that/! To my eye it looks like if it fell it would land straight on the
greenhouse!!

Its actually quite a distance away, at least three ladder lengths. I started
putting lights on that tree but snow stopped play!

Mike