Old 02-12-2010, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Visiting to the door

"Pete" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

Because of the covering of snow, I have brought food to under the patio
(Picture 5, taken from the computer shows the slabs concerned)
http://www.myalbum.com/Album-4X3JO4J...-of-Other.html

Within a period of 5 minutes I had a Long Tailed Tit, Robin, Chaffinch,
Sparrow, Blackbird, Starling and a Pigeon. All within about 10 feet from
where I am sitting :-))

Think of the birds and don't forget the water. It seems that no one else
is around here :-(

Interesting point about water.

I would have thought that they were able to secure moisture from nature at
this time of year.

I accept that assistance in long periods of heat and drought, a help would
be welcome.

The canal and my bird baths are all froze solid but everyone seems to be
enjoying the seed and nuts
without my help with water.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Yes there is plenty of moisture, but the birds have got used to the water
being in the garden all the time.

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.