Old 03-12-2010, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Visiting to the door

"'Mike'" wrote in message

Because of the covering of snow, I have brought food to under the patio
(Picture 5, taken from the computer shows the slabs concerned)
http://www.myalbum.com/Album-4X3JO4J...-of-Other.html

Within a period of 5 minutes I had a Long Tailed Tit, Robin, Chaffinch,
Sparrow, Blackbird, Starling and a Pigeon. All within about 10 feet from
where I am sitting :-))

Think of the birds and don't forget the water. It seems that no one else
is around here :-(

Mike

--

Have you provided for your birds today?

Broken the ice on the large bath and poured a kettle of boiling water in
about an hour ago. Just had a flock of Sparrows in there having a bath,
along with a lone Starling trying to get in on the act.

Had the usual Long Tailed Tit and Robin doing their territory thing, a Blue
Tit decided to look in the Tit Box again, Pigeons, Chaffinch etc etc etc.

All within about 10 feet of me sitting here in the warm :-))

On the road situation, just helped a neighbour get his van out of a dreadful
situation. Sheet ice and a slight camber meant that he was going nowhere and
blocking a junction. However with the help of a spade and another neighbour,
he is now on his way!! As I proved over the last couple of years, when in
trouble, you find out who your friends and neighbours are :-)))))))

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.