Old 20-10-2010, 02:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
nik Simpson nik Simpson is offline

Default Shubunkin growth and breeding

On 10/20/2010 6:44 AM, Phyllis and Jim wrote:

OK, Barry Manilow it is! Maybe Johnny Mathis? Music to neck by.

We have had babies in the ponds with mosquito fish...but very few! We

shall see in the spring. I could pull the fish and not return the

mosquito fish. I would faer the mosquitos, however. Maybe i should

cut them down to only a few?

Jim

My brief experience with having a pond (just over 3 years) is that, bar

any outside factors, they breed like rabbits ;-) Over the last two

years, I've had something like 20 new fish arrive in my pond as a result

of goldfish and shubunkin breeding. The only reason it's not hopelessly

overcrowded is that a Heron came by for lunch last autumn ;-)

--

Nik Simpson