Old 01-11-2010, 02:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Joe[_12_] Joe[_12_] is offline

Default Building a large pond cover

W. Dale wrote:

Greetings all!
Here it is, October 29 and we are at 70 F and rising! SO, I am
working on building another pond cover and have two beautiful days to
do it. Any suggestions for plans for a cover of 31' X 25'?
I have seen a few plans and suggestions on line but they are all for
much smaller areas. If any of you have constructed a large cover
would you be willing to share your thoughts, ideas, methods, and the
like?
I hope to have a cover last all winter this year.
Thanks for your help!
W. Dale

I would use a long 2x6 or 2x8 (or even larger) to span the 25' direction.
You'd probably have to order it special. I would then use PVC piping to span
the 15'. Need more info?

Why do you want to cover it?

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.