Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Marvin Hlavac

Default new pics and ID request

"Haywire" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Hi everyone, posted some new pics of my 27G and 20G tanks, also wanted some
help ID'ing a plant, photo is there as well

plant description:
leaves are wrinkled, dark green top, purple underside
stalk is purple and green

Hi Haywire,

I purchased a plant that looked like yours in the past. The name of it was Ruby
Krinkle. It fits your description: leaves are wrinkled, dark green top, purple
underside stalk is purple and green. Also I noticed that the plant had a bad
smell and the stem was not flexible like other aquatic plants but it was very
hard as if it was wood.

It was a very beautiful plant so I could not resist buying it. It was a new
shipment in the store and they only had three of them. I just had to get one.
Upon arrival home I did a search on the internet and it turned out to be a plant
that is not an aquatic one. I planted it and as expected it did not do well. It
vegetated in the aquarium for a couple of weeks and then it slowly started to
die.

I think that is the plant you have, however there are many similar plants so I
cannot be 100% sure.

Good luck,

--
Marvin