Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
LeighMo

Default SNAILS!!!!

Aquarium salt seems a too easy
solution. But why not give it a try? Next time I'm in a fish store I'll get
some. How much did you dose? How long did it take you to eliminate the snail
population?

Aquarisol is not aquarium salt. It's an ich medication containing copper. It
will kill snails and algae, as well as ich. However, copper kills plants as
well. And it's not a permanent solution, for either algae or snails. You have
to correct the underlying problem: the imbalance in your tank.

Poisoning snails with copper can also cause water chemistry problems, because
all the dead snails will rot in your tank.

Leigh