Old 05-12-2010, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default Greenhouse Irrigation

On 2010-11-04 13:09:17 +0000, JMS said:

I use a mixture of Gardena and Hozelock components.

I am currently looking at Gardena Reducing T-joint 13mm to 4mm

I have previously used the 4mm spurs which screwed in to the wall of
the 13mm pipe - and of course they are now leaking - I think they were
Hozelock Micro Irrigation Tube Adaptor / Connector (4mm) - 2778.

The Gardena ones do not look as if they are necessarily a good water
tight fit - the pictures seem to show a rubber ring washer around the
plastic pipe

Any comments, suggestions - or cheap but good look-alikes?

You can seal off old holes using blanking plugs and then create a new hole:
http://www.hozelock.com/watering/aut...13mm-2779.html

Alternatively,

have you considered their AquaPod greenhouse system?
http://www.hozelock.com/watering/aut...t-2822a-2.html