Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Marvin Hlavac

Default new pics and ID request

"Marvin Hlavac" wrote in message
.rogers.com...

"Haywire" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Hi everyone, posted some new pics of my 27G and 20G tanks, also wanted some
help ID'ing a plant, photo is there as well

plant description:
leaves are wrinkled, dark green top, purple underside
stalk is purple and green

Hi Haywire,

I purchased a plant that looked like yours in the past. The name of it was

Ruby
Krinkle. It fits your description: leaves are wrinkled, dark green top,

purple
underside stalk is purple and green. Also I noticed that the plant had a bad
smell and the stem was not flexible like other aquatic plants but it was very
hard as if it was wood.

It was a very beautiful plant so I could not resist buying it. It was a new
shipment in the store and they only had three of them. I just had to get one.
Upon arrival home I did a search on the internet and it turned out to be a

plant
that is not an aquatic one. I planted it and as expected it did not do well.

It
vegetated in the aquarium for a couple of weeks and then it slowly started to
die.

I think that is the plant you have, however there are many similar plants so I
cannot be 100% sure.

Good luck,

--
Marvin
hlavac (at) rogers (dot) com

....I just noticed your e-mail address ...rogers.com... Are you somewhere in
Toronto? Did you buy the plant in one of Big Al's locations? I did. And I've
seen the plant being sold in their Scarborough location, Brampton had it as
well, perhaps others...

--
Marvin
hlavac (at) rogers (dot) com