Old 06-12-2010, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Xmas gifts

On Dec 5, 9:44*pm, wrote:
Janet wrote:
*One Christmas J gave me an engraving kit, an electric gadget which
can quite quickly engrave an aluminium plant tag that will last for
ever. It's excellent but *only useful for permanent plants; not for the
multiplicity of seedtrays, cutting pots and veg rows.

Nick finally got fed up trying to crunch out labels with the silly dymo
label maker thing and has invested in an electric one where he can print out
a bunch of identical labels for pots as easily as doing one. *I was a bit
annoyed when he got it cos it's just /yet another thing/ to go in the house,
but I have to say, it does a good job.

My problem is doing around 500 large field labels, pencil is to fine,
and to do them by machine is going to be expensive, I'm sure there is
an answer somewhere out there.