Old 06-12-2010, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Xmas gifts

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 02:25:12 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

My problem is doing around 500 large field labels, pencil is to fine,
and to do them by machine is going to be expensive, I'm sure there is
an answer somewhere out there.

This may be a bit time consuming but if you have access to a laser
printer (or photocopier, maybe in a copy shop) rather than inkjet
which will fade in sunlight, you could try printing or copying your
field labels onto sheets of appropriately sized laser labels. These
aren't waterproof but could be stuck on whatever and then covered with
clear waterproof tape - you should be able to get a 5cm wide by 30+m
long roll for £5-6. I've used this method to put small "signs" on the
outside of buildings and they've lasted for a couple of years so far.