Old 07-12-2010, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Ground cover for shady area?

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 14:24:56 -0800 (PST), Higgs Boson
wrote:

Just had a lot of weeds cleared out of an area in back of the yard,
which has a lemon tree partially shading it (more or less, depending
on season; angle of sun).

Would like to plant ground cover which would, I hope:

1. Tolerate partial shade

2. Have some flowers, even if only seasonal

3. Propagate rapidly.

This is Southern Calif coastal; mild Mediterranean climate.

Suggestions welcome!

(or should I just cover area with large piece bark and scatter a few
pots around?)

It's not either or... plant thyme, oregano, and scatter pots about.