Old 07-12-2010, 06:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ground cover for shady area?

On 12/6/10 6:37 PM, gloria.p wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

Dave's Garden recently suggested Phlox.

I've seen lots of phlox covering the hillsides in So.CA.
It's pretty from a distance when it's in bloom.

We have a bed of purple-flowered vinca vine in an area that's shaded
much of the day. It is also very pretty when in bloom (and evergreen.)

There are many varieties of ice plant that do well in your climate.
Do they require much sun?

gloria p

Ice plant does best with full sun. Some, such as 'Red Apple', can
become invasive.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean