Old 08-12-2010, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Gardeners' World goes back to its roots with Monty

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 09:03:47 +0000, Derek
wrote:

Monty Don is returning to the helm of Gardeners' World, almost three
years after a stroke forced him to leave the show.

The 55-year-old will replace Toby Buckland, who was informed by BBC
bosses yesterday that his contract will not be renewed. Buckland was
said to be "devastated" by the decision.

Alys Fowler, another Gardeners' World regular, is also leaving the
programme, the BBC announced. Carol Klein and Joe Swift will return
for the new series alongside Rachel de Thame.

From todays Telegraph

I'm delighted to have Monty back but I feel very sorry for TB who had
ddone a god job. The most recent programmes weresuch a great
improvement on what we had from Toby to start with. I was not
inspired by Alys, but neither am I inspired by Rachel de T. I hope
Toby gets a break with a new job to use his skills.

Pam in Bristol