Old 08-12-2010, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frank Booth Snr[_3_] Frank Booth Snr[_3_] is offline

Default Gardeners' World goes back to its roots with Monty

Gopher wrote:
In message , Pete
writes

"Martin" wrote in message
news

I for one liked Toby and Alys,

Us too

what worries me is that we get back
'the long border' who today has a 'long border' we now have smaller
plots and so containers and patios are more relevant.

We are happy with GW as it is at the moment. I hope it isn't going to
change for
the worse, yet again.
--

Monty and Rachel - definitely the "A" team (:-)
Joe and Carol are very livable with too !

Rather sorry to see Alys go. She was practical and quite happy to get
mucky. I always feel that Rachel tends to look after her finger nails
too much-ish. Perhaps I'm being unfair.

You certainly are being unfair. I recall Rachel de Thame, when
questioned by Jonathan Ross on his show about getting her hands dirty,
she responded that she's always enjoyed getting her hands mucky and
considered it part of the job..

This is excellent news, although GW had improved this last series.
Personally I'd have kept Alys on and maybe ditched Carol as I've always
found her a bit over-enthusiastic for my taste. Monty Don has been the
best presenter since the late Geoff Hanilton.