Old 09-12-2010, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frank Booth Snr[_3_] Frank Booth Snr[_3_] is offline

Default Gardeners' World goes back to its roots with Monty

Jeff Layman wrote:

I do agree. But if you read Don's gardening articles in Saturday's Daily
Mail Magazine, his mantra is "Chemicals should not be used". That's it -
no argument. And that is why I prefer Buckland to Don; he's a lot more
open minded.

The late Geoff Hamilton held the same viewpoint, yet I don't recall
anyone accusing him of narrow-mindedness at any time.. For the average
size garden you do not need to use chemicals. If you are growing
certain crops eg, strawberries, on a sizeable plot of land, well maybe.