Old 10-12-2010, 04:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ross@home Ross@home is offline

Default Canned food.

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 11:25:01 -0500, phorbin wrote:

In article , Molie.7754e36
says...

Well, it's just canned food! In a gardening forum ... I prefer fresh
things!

London *Ontario*Canada* here...

Home canned looks pretty good when you're up to your waste in snow.

Right now we have over a metre of snow blanketing the garden ...and the
city's been more or less shut down for 3 days.

That said, with some determination and a shovel I could harvest some
kale or some pak choi(which was still OK pre-snowfall). I just hate
ruining the view right now.

Strange weather we're having isn't it?
We must be in a snow-proof area since everywhere North, South, East &
West of us is just getting dumped on.
I'm about 50 miles east of you, just outside Cambridge and we can
still see the soil in our garden.
My daughter phoned the other day from NS, concerned about the amount
of snow in the area and I told her it was pretty bad alright, drifts
were almost up to 1/2 inch deep here ;-).

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada.
AgCanada Zone 5b
43º 17' 26.75" North