Old 10-12-2010, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Jay Birds

"Janet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article ,
Janet
writes
Yes. They also store acorns, hazel nuts and beech seeds by pushing
them into the ground, where forgotten ones germinate the next spring.

Janet.

I've got a thirty or forty foot oak tree in my garden that i allowed to
grow when it sprouted in my garden about 15 years ago. No idea where
the
acorn had come from as there aren't any nearby oaks.
So it could have been a squirrel or a jay that brought it about!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Oak?

30 - 40 feet?

Only 15 years?

Easily. Young oak seedlings can put on about 2 feet of growth a year.
I've grown oaks from acorns and been able to climb in them 12 years
later.

Janet B

Thought Oak was slow growing ;-)

But what do I know about gardening? ........... (Someone will be along soon
to tell you ;-}

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.