Old 11-12-2010, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Gardeners' World goes back to its roots with Monty

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 18:36:49 +0000, Alan
wrote:

In message , Jake
wrote
Daft thing is that the building society surveyor said the place was
fine as security for the mortgage I wanted.

All they are interested in is the value of the house if you default on
the mortgage.

I know. That's what's so daft in this situation - if I'd connected an
electric cooker to the cooker point the chances are that the place
would have burnt down to the ground as a result of an electrical
overheat (maybe with me asleep in it!!!).

I wonder how many people (particularly the younger first timers)
accept the mortgage survey as indicating the property is ok.

The point is the so-called professionals (be they sparkies or weed
sprayers) are not necessarily the bees knees! On one of the business
estates I manage we had a problem with street lights going off
intermittently. I got a contractor to dig down to find the problem.
Found domestic type "twin and earth" had been used to connect the
lights. Totally illegal but installed by so called professionals.