Old 11-12-2010, 10:33 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

Default Outside Christmas LED Lights -- dull and weak....

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

[snip]

I bought a set of LED strings for the outside, a couple of years ago
(~1400
lights). They were so ugly I threw them out when I took them down that
year and replaced them with real lights (after Christmas sales) for the
next year. I just put up about half of them yesterday (waiting for it to
get a little warmer to finish the job).

Are you thinking of the ones that are white, rather than the yellow of
incansescents?

For normal single colors (like red, green, and blue), LEDs have better
color. It's more intense and doesn't fade (since the light IS that color,
rather than depending on a coating).

BTW, we need more colored lights out, instead of just those boring "white"
ones.

--
14 days until The winter celebration (Saturday December 25, 2010
12:00:00 AM).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"I have never understood why the injection area of the skin is wiped
with an alcohol swab prior to execution by lethal injection."