Old 12-12-2010, 12:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Just wanted to thank the folks who responded about small trees

While I have made no final decisions about what is going to anchor my long
bed up at the top of my hill, I think all of you gave me an idea on how to
handle a different issue in the yard.

Many moons ago, my builder buried a few pieces of the ledge that was blasted
to build my house. Several of these are down at the bottom of my yard and
have begun to rise up out of the ground. (Welcome to New England where our
best crop is rock)

As pulling these out is just too much hassle, I'm going to expand my little
copse with a few of the selections I know I'd really like add to the garden
somewhere. I'll have to check to see which ones would take seasonal flooding
as that part of the yard can be a vernal pond.

Now - to plant that bag of crocus I found!

Cheryl