Old 12-12-2010, 04:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L[_2_] Dan L[_2_] is offline

Default Canned food.

"songbird" wrote:
phorbin wrote:
Molie.7754e36
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...
Well, it's just canned food! In a gardening forum ... I prefer
fresh
things!
London *Ontario*Canada* here...
Home canned looks pretty good when you're up to your waste in snow.

i do so love the unintentinal puns...

(read "waste" as "butthole") thanks for the giggle.

i like canned cream of asparagus soup,
but i would not even compare it to fresh
picked from the garden crunched in the
teeth immediately version of asparagus.
some things just should not be crossed
(like apples and oranges).

Right now we have over a metre of snow blanketing the garden ...and
the city's been more or less shut down for 3 days.
That said, with some determination and a shovel I could harvest some

kale or some pak choi(which was still OK pre-snowfall). I just hate
ruining the view right now.

it's well refrigerated for a while at least.

we are finally getting enough snow to cover
the ground which is going to be just in time for
the single digit temperatures.

haha, just read below that DanL is another
Techie. i lived in da Hoton for 15 years.
1 meter of snow is just getting warmed up.
the year before i left we had over 220 inches
of snow.

i remember kayaking along a shoreline of
Lake Superior in early July and seeing a snowbank on the shoreline.

songbird (now mid michigan, usa

Songbird are you a techie also?

I am in the Port Huron area, getting about 6 inches of show today.
Nothing compared to the Upper Peninsula. I remember the white outs,
could not see the hand in front of my face, it snowed so hard. The two
years there averaged around 300 inches. I ran out of money and finished
my degree at Wayne State, could live at home and go to the University. I
still under estimate the cost of things.

I admit I do not think of the past often, it was 35 years ago. I sit
here and all I can remember was the Dorm name, Douglas Houghton Hall. I
do not even remember the theater or the bars names. It was mostly go to
class, study, sleep, no other life. I stayed to my self most of the
time. People came and went, never really met anyone. Since I had an
Amateur Radio License, They let me operate the local Radio Station once
in while on the top floor of the dorm.

Remember, my goal in life is to be a hermit