Old 12-12-2010, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Gardeners' World goes back to its roots with Monty

In message , Phil Cook
writes
On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 15:30:34 +0000, Gordon H wrote:

Sometimes one or two digital channels start to fragment, but generally
the signal strength is pretty good on most channels.

Have you explored the menu via CHANNELS to see what the signal strength
looks like?

Signal quality is far more important than strength with digital.

Maybe, but the signal strength is down on the channels I sometimes have
problems with, I will check the quality as well, next time it happens.

If you are only 3 miles from the transmitter you may well need an
attenuator or a better view of the transmitter for the aerial. Digital can
handle multi-path better than analogue but there comes a point where it
gets too confused.

I have a set of attenuators somewhere, from the days when I used to try
to D/F jammers on Amateur Radio repeaters.

I wonder whereabouts Dave lives? It would be easy enough to stick
various values in to see what happens.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply