Old 14-12-2010, 12:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L[_2_] Dan L[_2_] is offline

Default swarm_intelligence_in_plants

"David Hare-Scott" wrote:
Cipher wrote:
Some veges that post on usenet seem to be.

David

And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place
of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to
the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast
farmlands of our own Midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending
doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of
fear. And terror possessed me then.

And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"
And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the
cries of the carrots! You see, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it
is the holocaust." And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat
like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me
now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a
life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save
our brothers!" Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you
Jesus.

I am acquainted via usenet with a radical Hare Krishna (no relation of
mine) who is certain that plants have souls. When asked isn't this a
little inconvenient for heterotrophs like humans (or rabbits), where
every meal would therefore send a great many little souls around for
another turn on the Wheel, he gives no reply. There is no accounting
for taste in either food or philosophy.

David

I feel better that some one is crazier than I
http://www.delawarelitigation.com/20...lity-disorder/